Faith Building Funds
The Mayor of Tower Hamlets' Community Faith Buildings support scheme
The Community Faith Buildings support scheme’s purpose is to offer assistance to faith communities to repair, adapt and improve buildings in Tower Hamlets in which faith-based activities occur.
Grants of up to £75,000 are available
- Are you a faith group managing a community faith building in Tower Hamlets?
- Do you need financial support for the repair, adaptation or improvement of your community faith building(s)?
Round 1A is now closed. The deadline for Round 1B requires submission of the application form and all relevant enclosures by 5pm on 2nd January, 2013.
Round one fundswill be split between applications applications received in Round 1 A and B.
- Application form (Word, 155 kb)
- Frequently asked questions (PDF, 71kb)
Who is eligible to apply?
Applications can be submitted by community faith organisations entitled to receive public funding, for example voluntary or community organisations. All buildings which are the subject of bids must be located within the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.
Types of grant
There are three types of grant:
- Type A grant: up to £75,000 - this is for delivering modest financial assistance to groups for works of repair, adaptation and improvement to community faith buildings;
- Type B grant: up to £300,000 - this is for substantial grant assistance to groups for works of repair, adaptation and improvement to community faith buildings; - Round Two only and
- Type C grant: up to £10,000 - this is for professional support for organisations in pursuit of developing valid bids for Type A and B grants.
Please note: grant awards will be monitored and audited by the council throughout the works to ensure that the planned improvements are effectively and efficiently delivered.
How to apply
Complete the grant application form (Word, 155k) and include any supporting information and/or documentation requested. Submit the form and any supporting documentation by email or post.
Your completed application will then be assessed according to the grant criteria and funds available, prior to a recommendation and decision being made.
When to apply
The Mayor of Tower Hamlets Community Faith Buildings Support Scheme Grant Programme funding will be made available in three rounds between 2012/13 and 2014/15. Community Faith Buildings Support Scheme grant applications for:
- funding round 1A should be submitted by 5pm on Tuesday 20th, November 2012 or round 1B by 5pm on Wednesday 2nd January, 2013.
- funding round 2 should be submitted in April 2013
- funding round 3 should be submitted in April 2014
Details of the deadlines for submission of applications for rounds two and three will be publicised on this webpage.
We aim to give you our decision within two months, although complex or large projects may take longer to assess.
For queries or further information about the Mayor of Tower Hamlets’ community faith buildings support scheme, please contact:
Tower Hamlets Council
5 Clove Crescent
London E14 2BG
Tel: 020 7364 1659
this page has been extracted from the TH Council website at 11:00am - 07/01/2013: