The Council of Mosques in partnership with London Borough of Tower Hamlet holding regular sessions on child protection training for the committee members, teachers and Imams.
The aims are:
- To raise awareness of the responsibility and expectations of Faith and Community leaders in the protection and safeguarding of children.
- Provide overall understanding of various types of abuses and neglects
- To develop good practice guidance when working with children
- To achieve good practice in teaching and ensuring that children are safeguarded
- To understand on procedures for safe recruitment policies and practices
Current training sessions are being held at the following:
- Bow Common Masjid & Cultural Trust mosque off Devon’s road on Tuesday 30th October 2012
- Lansbury Estate Muslim Association, 20 Alton Street on 24th January 2013
- Aberfeldy Islamic Cultural Centre 36-38 Aberfeldy Street on 5th February 2013
- Poplar Central Mosque 253 East India Dock Road on 21st May 2013
- more centres being booked soon...