Child Protection Training
The Council of Mosques in partnership with London Borough of Tower Hamlet holding regular sessions on child protection training for the committee members, teachers and Imams.
The aims are:
- To raise awareness of the responsibility and expectations of Faith and Community leaders in the protection and safeguarding of children.
- Provide overall understanding of various types of abuses and neglects
- To develop good practice guidance when working with children
- To achieve good practice in teaching and ensuring that children are safeguarded
- To understand on procedures for safe recruitment policies and practices
Current training sessions are being held at the following:
- Bow Common Masjid & Cultural Trust mosque off Devon’s road on Tuesday 30th October 2012
- Lansbury Estate Muslim Association, 20 Alton Street on 24th January 2013
- Aberfeldy Islamic Cultural Centre 36-38 Aberfeldy Street on 5th February 2013
- Poplar Central Mosque 253 East India Dock Road on 21st May 2013
- more centres being booked soon...